Rules Governing Usage of School Facilities
- Supervision- No program shall be in operation unless a building supervisor (Appointed at the discretion and approval of the Principal) is present.
- Parking- Vehicles parked on school grounds shall be confined to approved parking areas. Any damage to property will be recorded and fees charged to group/organization using facility.
- Damages to Facility/Equipment- Before and after facility use, the facility must be inspected by the user and the on-duty designated building supervisor. Damages found to have occurred during use must be noted in writing with the user acknowledging said damages by signature. Users are responsible for any damages to CCPS property.
- Equipment- School or non-school equipment may not be used unless authorization is given in writing to do so.
- No alcoholic beverages or controlled substances may be served, consumed or brought onto the grounds of CCPS facilities. Smoking is not permitted on CCPS owned or leased property.
- Food & Beverages are restricted to areas designated for that purpose.
- Payment for all activities is due to the school location before final approval of event will be granted.
- Insurance – with the exception of Caroline County Public Schools organizations, each applicant is required to carry a minimum of $1,000,000 in liability insurance coverage for all activities. A certificate of liability insurance shall be required naming the Caroline County School Board as insured to the policy prior to approval of the community use request.
- If a Group/Organization would like to make a donation to particular school program, i.e. football, baseball or basketball teams or booster clubs, in lieu of paying the appointed fees, the application must be received AT LEAST 30 days in advance because it must be approved by the School Board.
Role of the Group/Organization requesting use
- Print Facility Use Application, Rules & Copy of School Policy from the CCPS website or visit desired School for a blank copy. Note: Application must be received by the desired school no less than 30 working days prior to your event.
- Contact the desired School to verify availability of requested space.
- Include with the application: proof of insurance (see Rules Governing Usage for Coverage required), proof of non-profit status (if applicable) and letter of intent (for continuous use of facility).
- Before final approval of application is granted, payment of all fees listed on agreement must be provided to the desired school location.
Role of Principal/Designee
- Receive Facility Use requests from Groups/Organizations, verifying that application is fully completed and request includes proof of insurance (required for ALL requests)
- Verify available space does not interfere with any school activity
- Verify availability of custodian for dates/times requested and verify custodians hours are listed on their time sheet for payroll to process.
- Forward completed agreement and all supporting documents to the Maintenance Supervisor for further processing.
- Before and after facility use, the facility must be inspected by the user and the on-duty designated building supervisor. Damages found to have occurred during use must be noted in writing with the user acknowledging said damages by signature.
Role of Maintenance Department
- Receive Facility Use requests and maintain original agreements
- Receive payments for Facility Use fees and code and submit them to the Finance office.
- Verify HVAC settings are controlled for the dates/times requested.
- Verify receipt of Proof of Insurance for all requests.
Application for Community Use of School Facilities
Download: Facility Use Application approved Sept 2015 (PDF)